iPhone 5According to many (AllThingsD, MacRumors), these features are likely:
- Longer screen, but not wider - BOO! This I have to say is my first disappointment, why didn't they do something like the Galaxy S3 and give us a much bigger screen, not just 16:9?
- Smaller dock cord - OK
- Move headphone jack to bottom - OK
- Faster processor - Sounds great
- LTE antenna (and 2 antennae, one at top and one at bottom for better reception) - this sounds great, but those of us stuck with AT&T can't take advantage of it. Our iPhones already say 4G because AT&T's service is non-LTE 4G - much slower than LTE, but not available in a lot of areas.
- So far, it seems that the 5 is really not very exciting, unless Apple has kept some deep dark secrets. We shall see.
- Smaller than iPad
- Cheaper than iPad
- GREAT - should compete with the low-end, probably wipe out all the competition; however, 2 years ago I made a suggestion via their web site: they should come out with an inexpensive full-size iPad shell, that you can plug your phone in, and get the bigger screen. It could sell for $149 or $199, you get a full size iPad, no additional 3G plan. Still no word on that.
- Rumors that since the new 1080p model came out, they won't be announcing another one. Did you hear, Apple TV sales outpaced XBox? They don't need to. Roku who?
- So far, my Apple TV rocks - and it is way beyond my expectations. Hulu showed up last month, and iTunes Festival last week. Keep it coming!
- There were also some rumors floating around that Apple may come out with a new TV set. What would they call it? Confusing. Anyhow, they seem to be debunked - really, what would Apple do above and beyond the others? Vizio is great.
- There are also some scuttle about Apple negotiating content and for a streaming service with the cable companies. Might be interesting.